Define a common data strategy for all R&D units with the vision to establish data science as the “4th core discipline in R&D”
- Significant and ongoing invest into data and AI created many proof-of-concepts with little tangible business impact
- R&D-specific data requirements were not accounted for sufficiently in the company’s overall data approach
- Data expertise roles were not established nor integrated into core processes
- Data governance processes were unclear
- Systematically assessed the data maturity of all R&D teams along the complete R&D process
- Defined the target state for the client’s corporate R&D as well as for each separate R&D function
- Defined the capability roadmap and “acceleration use cases”
- Defined and harmonized all data and analytics roles for R&D
- R&D Data Strategy approved by all R&D heads
- Research partnership strategy for data and AI defined
- Successfully implemented the first “acceleration use cases for data science”
- Data roles established in the client’s job catalogue
Data Strategy, Operating Model, Acceleration Use Cases
The client is a global pharmacological company with several divisions and nearly 10 BEUR annual budget for R&D.
The client wanted to transform its R&D functions to be able to include data and AI throughout the whole process.