As a Senior Data Scientist you will be responsible for providing analytical solutions to business goals and collaboratively solving business decisions through data. You have a leading role in customer projects, and act as a mentor for more junior colleagues.
Senior Data Scientist
We're looking for a Senior Data Scientist!
- Master’s/PhD degree in computer science, physics, operations research, applied mathematics, or a related field
- Strong experience with distributed analytics platforms, e.g. Spark, Kafka, and cloud platforms, e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Strong machine-learning skills, for example, with programming languages such as Python, Scala, R, and machine-learning platforms, e.g. TensorFlow
- Ability to apply appropriate advanced analytics techniques such as Bayesian, regression, clustering, text analysis, decision trees, time series methods, and neural networks on large-scale datasets and streaming data
- Strong SQL skills and database understanding
- Experience working with digital services an advantage
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management
We are looking for a data enthusiast who learns continuously, is a good listener, asks questions and is open to discussions. A colleague who likes to share their knowledge – all in all someone who is great to work with; a fast and delivery-focused Senior Data Scientist who can work in rapidly changing industries and tolerate ambiguity. Ideally you will already have leadership experience, or are willing and able to take that as your next career challenge. We offer an opportunity to work with international clients, develop your knowledge and expertise, and build up a strong analytics company.
What you will do
- Consult with senior business leaders to translate business goals into analytical use cases and models and communicate insights back to business stakeholders
- Utilize internal and external data and big data to design, develop, and deliver machine-learning models (unsupervised, supervised, deep learning) to solve business problems
- Deliver KPIs and insights for business decision-making
- Work with cross-functional business, analytics, and IT teams to deliver scalable successes
- Proactively identify and drive new use cases and data-driven product innovations
- Give requirements for data asset creation as well as for the long-term analytics capability development including data and analytics infrastructure
- Drive the development of Dain Studios’ analytics product portfolio
What we offer
- Meaningful, high-impact projects with both domestic and international clients
- Develop yourself as a data leader and contribute to the data communities in our studio cities
- Independence and responsibility over your work
- Develop your knowledge and career within a growing company
- Devote time for cool internal projects in collaboration with your colleagues
- Smart, fun and practical colleagues, with a wide range of hands-on expertise
- Lean organization structure
- Good work/life balance
For all our studios in Helsinki, Berlin and Munich we are looking for Senior Data Scientists. If you are interested in this position, please indicate from which city you would like to work from.